This meeting script has been created upon the request of the UK RCA ZOOM meeting, Tuesdays, 20:30 (8:30 pm) GMT (15:30 (3:30 pm) ET), https://zoom.us/j/580036692.
[Note to the Couple leading the meeting: All instruction for the meeting leaders are stated in red Italic fonts and in [ ], and should not be read aloud.
Text in the meeting script that are to be read in certain cases, will be in black italic fonts
When the script states that you must “share the screen”, you do this via the function on Zoom.
On Zoom.us you may find a guide on how to share the screen, that you might want to visit before leading a meeting for the first time:
Welcome to this RCA UK ZOOM meeting
My name is ________ and I am in recovery with _________ – and my name is _________ and I am in recovery with __________, and we are the meeting leaders for this meeting.
This meeting last for 1 hour and will be conducted as a normal face-to-face meeting. That’s why we ask you to keep your video on during the meeting.
Use the Gallery View in the upper hand of the Zoom window to see all participant. Please mute your line using the microphone button in the lower left corner of the Zoom window, if you are not sharing, so we may conduct the meeting in a peaceful and orderly fashion.
This is a closed meeting – only couples are welcome. However, members of RCA may attend alone, if their partner is not able to attend.
We hope you will find in this Fellowship the help and friendship we have been privileged to enjoy. Let’s open the meeting with a moment of silence, followed by the Couples Serenity Prayer.
[Share the screen so the couples may join in the Serenity Prayer.]
[Stop sharing the screen and continue the meeting script]
Now it’s time to present ourselves as couples. Please let us know it this is your very first RCA meeting.
[The meeting leaders start by presenting themselves. The meeting leaders make sure that all couples are given the possibility to present themselves.]
[If there are newcomer couples, the following text is read:] To the newcomer couple(s), we welcome you to RCA. We recommend you attend 5-6 RCA meetings before you decide if RCA is for you. We hope that you will find in this fellowship the help and friendship that we have been privileged to find.
[Ask different couples (one couple at the time) to read the following meeting readings: Preamble, How it works, part 1, The 12 steps of RCA, How it works, part 2. Share the screen for the first couples to start read. When the final text has been read, stop sharing the screen.]
[Ask the next couple to read How It Works, Part 1.]
[Ask the next couple to read the 12 Steps of RCA.]
[Ask the next couple to read How It Works, Part 2]
[Stop sharing the screen and continue with the meeting script]
The Traditions of the month is:
[The meeting leader reads the tradition of the month – No.1 in January, no. 2 in February etc.]
THE TWELVE TRADITIONS OF RCA
1. Our common welfare should come first; couple recovery depends upon RCA unity.
2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority, a loving God as known in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
3. The only requirement for RCA membership is a desire to remain in a committed relationship.
4. Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or RCA as a whole.
5. Each group has but one primary purpose, to carry its message to recovering couples who still suffer.
6. RCA ought never endorse, finance, or lend the RCA name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property, and prestige divert us from our primary purpose.
7. Every RCA group should be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
8. Recovering Couples Anonymous should remain forever nonprofessional, but our service centers may employ special workers.
9. RCA, as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
10. Recovering Couples Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the RCA name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
11. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, TV, and films.
12. Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.
The topic for today’s meeting is _________________________ [state the meeting topic:
1. Tuesday of the month: Step, pages 17-40 (Step 1 in January, Step 2 in February, etc.)
2. Tuesday of the month: Suggested meeting topic, pages 61-72 (no. 1 in January, no. 2 in February, etc.)4.
3. Tuesday of the month: Daily Reflection, pages 233-296 (a number between 1 and 52 is randomly picked by either the meeting leaders or a couple
4. Tuesday of the month: Tradition, pages 84-96 (Tradition 1 in January, Tradition 2 in February, etc.)
5. Tuesday of the month: A couple share (Speakers) or Topic]
[If there already is a couple to give a speech on the topic, please say:] Today’s speaker couple is: _________________________ [state the names of the couple]
[If there is no speaker couple for today’s meeting, please say:] Is there a couple that would want to speak on today’s topic?
You have ___ minutes. [State the amount of time the speakers may speak]
How do you wish to be timed?
Who will be the time-keeper’s for today? [Wait for a couple to volunteer to keep time]
We will now give the floor to the speaker couple ____________ [X and X]
[After the speaker couple has shared]
Thank you for your shares and your honesty.
[Ask a couple to read the safety guidelines and share the screen:] Would ____ please read the safety guidelines
[Stop sharing the screen]
All are welcome to share whether their partner is present or not. We do ask you to keep your shares focused on your own part in the relationship, as stated in the RCA safety guidelines. Therefore, we use “I” statements and we abstain from any generalizing statements.
If a share breaches the Safety Guidelines, each member may indicate this by silently raising the hand and the meeting leaders will pause the meeting, so that the issue may be addressed by the group conscience.
We have 3 minutes shares.
When we share we share as a couple. You can share on the topic, on any other topic or your experience, strength and hope.
[If there are any newcomer couples, please say:] Newcomer couples are welcome to share when ever they want, and we save the last 5-10 min especially for you.
The meeting is now open for shares until ____ [10 minutes before meeting closing time]
[If there is/are newcomer couple(s) – please say app. 20 minutes before meeting closing time and right after a couple has shared]: Does any newcomer couple wish to share? This is the time we reserve especially for you.
[App. 10 minutes before meeting closing time, please say:] Now it’s time to close the meeting. Thank you for a wonderful meeting.
7. tradition. We are self-supporting and decline outside contributions. [If the group has its own Pay-Pal account – place a link to that account in the chat-window (to all)
If the group does not have its own Pay-Pal account – copy the link to the account of RCA WSO:
Be mindfull of your own needs first and give only what you can.
Are there any RCA related announcements to the group? [If there are any announcements – hear them out.]
The topic for the next meeting is__________________ [State the topic for the next meeting]
Is there a couple that wish to give a speech on the topic for the next meeting? [Wait for a couple to volunteer – if no one volunteers this can be decided at the next meeting]
In this group the business meeting is after the last meeting of the month immediately following the ordinary meeting. Please attend. If you have any items or suggestions for the business meeting, please forward them to the secretary couple using the email that is shown in the chat window [place the email for the secretary couple in the chat window (for all)]
In closing we would like to say that the opinions that were stated here today belongs to the person that gave them. Take what you can use and leave the rest.
[Share the screen and ask a couple to read the promises]
[Meeting leader:] Please join us in the Unity prayer.
[Stop sharing the screen]