If you need further assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
1901101 – Around the World with International Story Shares via ZOOM (First Saturday)
An event every month that begins at 12:00 am on day First of the month, repeating until February 1, 2020
This is a story share meeting that occurs on the first Saturday of the month. Come listen to the amazing, success stories of our members.
Saturday, July 6, 2019 – Kathleen and David; Alameda, California
Saturday, August 3, 2019 – At this time, no speaker due to the Portland, RCA Convention
Saturday, September 7, 2019 – Annie and Russ; Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Saturday, October 5, 2019 – Dixie and David; Longwood, Florida
Saturday, November 2, 2019 – Mary and Phil; Tucson, Arizona
Saturday, December 7, 2019 – Cathy and Scott; Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Saturday, January 4, 2020 – Sunny and Steve; Reston, Virginia
Saturday, February 1, 2020 – Vicki and Dick; Palm Desert, California
Saturday, March 7, 2020 – Niki and Michael; Boulder, Colorado
Saturday, April 4, 2020 – Linda and Brian; Walnut Creek, California
Saturday, May 2, 2020 – Adien and Mac; Cape Town, South Africa
The times are:
8pm Copenhagen, Germany, Sweden
To figure out a time zone not listed, please visit this link and put in your location: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
If you are interested in sharing your story for a future date, please contact one of the organizers.
March 2, 2019 – Andy and Steve; Pahoa, Hawaii.
April 6, 2019 – Annette and Widar; Copenhagen, Denmark
Saturday, May 4, 2019 – Gladys and Jade; Eugene, Oregon
Saturday, June 1, 2019 – Christiane and Roberto; Frankfurt, Germany
Information to help you navigate ZOOM.
- After the story share, we will invite sharing. Please raise your hand, if you want to share. You can do this one of two ways:
- The preferred option is for you to click on “participants” at the bottom of your screen and then click on “raise hand” in the dialogue box that appears. You can click it again to lower your hand.
- Raise your hand in front of your camera so the host couple can see you. This is not the preferred option because with a lot of people on the screen, the host couple can not always see you raising your hand. Many couples are hidden from view.
- To un-mute yourself, click the microphone button, in the lower left hand corner, that has a red line through it. To mute yourself, click it again.
- Want to chat with the group or someone privately? Do you need a sponsor or are you willing to sponsor? Send a group or private chat.
- At the bottom of your screen, click on the chat button
- A dialog box will open. Notice, the option defaults to where you are chatting with ‘everybody’. This is perfectly fine if you have a generic question. For example, if you are looking for a sponsor and are putting the question out to all participants, feel free to put that question out to everybody.
- If you want to chat with a specific couple, please click the blue arrow and change it to the couple you want to send a message to. For example, you want to ask a specific couple if they are available to sponsor.
- If you are receiving a message from someone, your chat box, at the bottom of the screen, will show orange: Just click on it to see the message.
- If you only want to ‘see’ the couple speaking, click on the “speaker view” button in the top, right hand corner of your ZOOM page
- If you want to see all the couples, your screen will hold, click on the words “gallery view” in lieu of speaker view.
- We’d like to see where everybody is from. Could you please change your name to one of the following options, if you are comfortable with it:
- Your first names, city, state, or country. It would look like this:
- Linda/Jim, Charlottesville, VA
- Wendy/Gopal, Tucson, AZ
- Or, just your city, state, country if that is more comfortable for you
How do you change your name?
- Click on ‘participants’ at the bottom
- Hover over your name on the dialog box and you will see where it says “rename”. Click on rename and change this.